Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Let me start off saying that this cookie recipe has been a secret of mine for quite some time and I did not share it with anyone for a long, long time. In fact, it took me almost two years to give this recipe to Ryan (he's the only one I have given this to)! I thought about this for awhile now and have decided that it is time to share this winner with the world. I can not keep it in any longer.

What is there not to love about peanut butter, chocolate chips and oats. I am one of those people that love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate in just about anything, but this chewy cookie takes the cake. There is just something about that sweet and salty combination that makes these one of the best cookies EVER. Once you start making them I promise you will feel the same way. They are highly addictive and once you starting eating them, you can't just have one. Seriously that addicting. No joke.

This awesome cookie is great right out of the oven all ooey gooey and they last for about a week when kept in an airtight container. Although they probably won't last all week. Maybe a couple of days. These cookies are great to make in a large batch and then pop in the freezer for when you need a quick dessert or are just craving a cookie. I used to tell myself that if I put them in the freezer that they were out of sight and out of mind. Ya right. These bad boys taste just as good frozen and I know that there are cookies hidden under all those frozen veggies. I even have some in my freezer right now. So tempting, yikes!

This is the last cookie I made before we left on our trip and the last cookie to go in the "thank you" cookie box! These cookies are always a must when we travel and I'm sure once you try them, you'll become addicted too. Don't say I didn't warn you.

pb + chocolate = love

peanut butter creaming away

adding oaty oats oats

SO much cookie dough. I could seriously eat this right from the bowl

scooped and ready for baking

baked and cooling. YUM!

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups flour
2 cups old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 eggs
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 package chocolate chips (about 2 cups)

Beat butter, sugars and peanut butter in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated. Mix first 5 ingredients until well blended in a separate bowl. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing well after each addition. Mix in chocolate chips.

Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough (about two inches apart) onto baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 min. or until lightly browned. 

These cookies also go by another name - crack cookies. That addictive. That delicious. Also note that this recipe makes a lot of cookies so making a half batch is often what I do so I don't have them in my freezer teasing me to eat them!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment