Sunday, October 2, 2011

Raspberry Sauce

Not too long ago Safeway had an awesome deal on raspberries - buy two get one free. At first, I thought I read it wrong, but nope. Seriously, buy two get one free! I had one for the lemon cake and the other two I figured I would eat during the week on my oatmeal, but I never ended up doing that. I could have froze these and used them in smoothies, but I have tons of fruit already in my freezer. So I could use these before they went bad, I thought, why not make raspberry sauce. I had made strawberry before and raspberry would be great on pancakes, cocktails, or saved for another dessert.

This is super simple and you can do this with any fresh fruit you have on hand. I just realized, this would probably be good with the lemon cake too. Mmm.


three ingredients - that's it.

lemon juice on the raspberries

raspberries breaking down

straining out the seeds
Raspberry Sauce
2 pints raspberries
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Combine raspberries and sugar in a saucepan. Cook until raspberries are broken down, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and strain to remove seeds.

It was time for a simple recipe after that last post. Whoa!

No comments:

Post a Comment