Thursday, March 1, 2012

Peanut Butter Crunch Brownies

Did you know that today is national peanut butter lovers day? Who knew there was such a day, but boy am I glad there is. Peanut butter is so delicious and I always have it on hand for smoothies, baking or a quick pb&j. I don't even remember the last time I had a pb&j, but I am sure if I wanted one, I'd be happy I had peanut butter on hand. I am even willing to bet that you have some in your kitchen too! The best and ultimate all time favorite peanut butter combination of mine is peanut butter and chocolate. I mean come on. PEANUT BUTTER AND CHOCOLATE. It's a match made in heaven and so irresistible. Don't you agree? If you don't, you're crazy, but I still love you anyways.

Since today is national peanut butter lovers day, I bring you the ultimate peanut butter and chocolate thing that you've ever put into your mouth. I am dead serious. It's that good. Say hello to "Better Than Crack Brownies". Yes, they are better than crack and way more addicting. Not that I've had crack, but I am willing to bet that these are more addicting and that you will not be able to step away from the pan. That I can promise you. These brownies are such a perfect blend of peanut butter, chocolate, crunchy and smooth. You start off with a brownie bottom. Then top that with chopped peanuts and chopped Reese's peanut butter cups. Yes, you heard me right - Reese's peanut butter cups. If that hasn't caught your attention, then I don't know what will.  If that wasn't enough already, you then top that with a final layer of Rice Krispies that have been mixed with melted peanut butter and more chocolate. OMG. I really wish I didn't give up chocolate for lent now.

Everyone who's tried these has fallen in love and asks for the recipe. That has to tell you something. Don't tell me I didn't warn you - you will want to eat the whole pan. Totally not kidding. Your waistline may not thank you though, but you'll be happy you made these. If you are willing to have self control with these, the brownies freeze really well too. Just double wrap them in plastic wrap and freeze until you are ready to have one!

ingredents - you can use your favorite boxed brownie mix or make your own. the chewy is my favorite for this recipe.

baked brownies topped with chopped peanuts and peanut butter cups. get in my belly!

swirling peanut butter and chocolate

topped with the rice krisipes and melted pb & chocolate mixutre

side view - I really wish I would have taken a picture once these were all cut up. oh well.

Better Than Crack Brownies (from www.howsweeteats.com)

1 batch brownies - boxed or homemade (I used Duncan Hines chewy)
1/2 cup salted peanuts (if don’t have salted, add sea salt)
1 cup chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups
1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (you can always use semi-sweet if you have them)
1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 tablespoon butter
1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal

Mix brownies according to directions, and bake for 20-25 minutes in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Remove and top with peanuts and peanut butter cups, and bake for 4-6 minutes more. While they are finishing baking, melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Stir in cereal. Remove brownies from oven and evenly pour chocolate mixture over top. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.


Super simple and so delicious. How can you not make these?

No comments:

Post a Comment