Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Best-Ever Crock Pot Barbecued Ribs

Two crock pot recipes in a row? Wow, you're lucky.

I'm going to keep this one short and sweet because it doesn't need much explaining. That and it is easy easy. Before I go any further, I'll be the first to admit, I am not a big rib girl. I am not sure why. Maybe it's because I never really ate them growing up? I love BBQ, so it's rather strange I don't prefer them. Give me a big juicy barbequed hamburger any day and I'm one happy lady. The first time I had these was on a weekend with my mom. My dad was out of town in Vegas with some of his buddies, so I went over to my parents house to hang out with my mom and we decided to try these out for dinner.

These are super easy to throw together - rub the ribs with the spices and place in the crock pot. No liquid at all. Strange right? Just roll with it. Right before the ribs are done,  pull them out and slather on the sauce. Put the saucy ribs back in the crock pot and let them get sticky sweet. That's it. One, two, three, ribs! Now, like I said, I don't really enjoy ribs, but these changed my mind. They are smokey sweet from the smoked paprika (don't skimp on buying this - the spice gives the ribs that BBQ kind of flavor) and these babies are literally FALL OFF THE BONE. My momma and I could not pull these out of the crock pot without the bone just sliding off the meat. If that doesn't say tender, then I don't know what does. Yum! This has quickly become a family favorite - my sister has been known to eat quite a few of these. You might even say she is as addicted to these as I am.

spices + ribs

rubbed and ready for cooking

sauced up and ready for eating!

Best-Ever Barbecued Ribs (from Crock-Pot Slow Cooker Best-Loved Recipes)

1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
3 to 3-1/2 pounds well trimmed pork baby back ribs, cut into 4-rib pieces
1/4  cup ketchup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce

Coat crock pot with cooking spray. Combine paprika, salt, thyme, black pepper and red pepper. Rub mixture onto meaty sides of ribs. Place ribs in crock pot. Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours or on high 3-3 1/2 hours or until ribs are tender.

Combine ketchup, sugar, Worcestershire and soy sauce - mix well. Remove ribs from crock pot and discard cooking liquid. Coat ribs with sauce, return to crock pot and cook on high 30 minutes or until ribs are glazed.

Serve with a big green salad and some corn and you are set. Perfect for any weeknight or weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment