Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Girl Scout Cookie Thin Mint Gooey Cake Bars

Girl scout cookie thin mint gooey cake bars. Now that's a mouthful to say, isn't it? Well, let me just tell you, it's a delicious mouthful. I am not sure how many of you have girl scout cookies still laying around (I know, who am I fooling?), but if you are like me and still have a box or two in the back of your pantry, then this recipe is just for you. Simple. Easy. Delicious. Addicting.

When girl scout cookies first became available this season, I was a strong girl and did not buy a single box. I felt so bad saying no to everyone at work who asked me to order some, but I knew if I did, I would eat them all. Let's be real - who can just eat one girl scout cookie? I know I can't. I know most people can't. There must be something in the small cookies! I waited and waited and waited and then I finally decided I wanted to make thin mint ice cream. Not sure why that popped into my head, but I was determined to make it. When I finally decided to hunt them down, I couldn't find a single box! By the time I actually found a box (thank you little girl scouts selling in front of my local CVS!), I had come across this recipe and completely forgot about the ice cream. Plus, it's a little too cold for ice cream right now and who doesn't love a gooey cake bar?

Now, I am going to tell you a little secret, but promise me you won't tell anyone- pinky promise? Okay. Get ready. Here is comes. This recipe starts off with a boxed cake mix. I know you are shocked, but just go with me on this one, okay? You know I rarely used boxed cake mixes, but sometimes, they are just so handy and you honestly would never know the difference. Especially with all the yummy ingredients you put in the recipe. So, don't run away just yet and trust me on this one. You won't regret it. I promise you. So, to get these ooey gooey cake bars started, you take a yellow boxed cake mix and add it one egg and a stick of softened butter. Mix it really well with your hands (your hands are the best kitchen tool!) and place in the bottom of a large pan to create a "crust". Then sprinkle (more like pour!) a cup of chocolate chips over the top, then chopped andes candies. Just when you thought it couldn't get any better, top the chips and candies with a can of condensed sweetened milk. Then, to finish is all off, top everything with broken up thin mint cookies. I didn't  say these were good for you, but I did say that they were super ooberly delicious. Just be warned that you may not be able to just eat one. There is just something in those girl scout cookies!

look at those cookies
 
one stick of butter - how bad can these bars really be?
 
lining the pan with foil makes the bars easier to get out
 
chocolate chips are way too addiciting
 
just when you thought it couldn't get better - top the chocolate chips with andes candies
 
 I could eat sweetened condensed milk with a spoon
 
not to forget the cookies!
 
baked all gooey and delicious!

Girl Scout Cookie Thin Mint Gooey Cake Bars (Picky Palate)

1 Yellow Cake Mix
1 stick softened butter
1 large egg
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup Andes Mint pieces
1 small can Sweetened Condensed Milk
20 Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies, broken into pieces
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×13 inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray or line with foil.
 
Place cake mix, butter and egg into a large bowl, mix until dough forms. Using hands is easiest to mix together. Press dough into bottom of prepared baking dish. Top evenly with chocolate chips and Andes mints. Drizzle sweet milk over top and top with broken pieces of Thin Mint Cookies. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until baked through. Immediately after removing from oven, take a plastic knife around edges to loosen. Let cool completely. Cut into squares and serve. Enjoy!
 
 
If you don't have thin mints, you can make these bars with any of your favorite girl scout cookies!
 


1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    Thank you so much for the post you do and also I like your post, Are you looking for Girls Scout cookies at best rates in the whole USA? We are providing order weed online uk,order weed online ireland,buy weed online uk,buy medical cannabis online uk,buy cannabis vodka online,buy Girls Scout cookies online,buy Sour Diesel online with the well price and our services are very fast.

    Click here for MORE DETAILS......


    E-mail: sales@diligentplug.com

    WhatsApp Only: +31 684404872

    ReplyDelete