Friday, April 25, 2014

Slow Cooked Ranch House Pork Chops

These are probably the best pork chops I have ever made. No joke. You know how pork can dry out in a blink of an eye? Ya, well, I am one that is so worried about under cooking it, that I always tend to overcook it. I don't meant to. It jut happens. And that is even when using a meat thermometer. Either something is wrong with my oven or it's user error. I am going to go with the latter. Nevertheless, I am not ready to give up on cooking a tender and moist pork chop. If there is a will, there's a way!

These ranch house pork chops could not be easier or taster. And the best part - only three ingredients. Well, four if you are like me and don't think three seems like enough. All you need are pork chops (I used about 1 inch thick ones with no bones), a can of condensed cream of chicken soup and a packet of ranch seasoning. I am working on perfecting my homemade ranch seasoning (stay tuned!), so for now, I went with the packet. Bad, I know, but if I can live with it, so can you. That is all you need. Now, if you want to get fancy like me and add a fourth ingredient, you can add a cup or so of sliced sweet onion to the bottom. For some reason I felt this was necessary. I don't like my meat to touch the bottom of the crock pot. I always get this gut instinct that if I do, it will burn. You don't have to add the onions, but it adds a nice touch of flavor if you do. In just about four hours, you will have the most tender pork chops that are smothered with this gravy. I am not sure how it works, but the condensation along with the pork juices, soup and seasoning make this very simple sauce. I could have eaten it with a spoon. Don't tell anyone I said that. You know how I know this recipe is good? The captain went back for seconds and then had the left overs for lunch the next day. That has to tell you something right there.

If I haven't already convinced you to make this recipe, I think the next part will win you over - you can make these pork chops for a family of four for under $10. Seriously! Even better, for under $15, you can add in garlic mashed potatoes (oooh, fancy!) and veggies. Talk about a delicious and budget friendly meal! And one that your family will probably as you to make again and again.

onions + chops 
 
smother the chops with the soup and seasoning
 
parsley makes everything better

Ranch House Pork Chops (slightly adapted from Picky Palate)

4 pork chops, boneless (about one inch thick)
1 packet dry Ranch Dressing Seasoning
10 oz can Cream of Chicken Soup

1 cup sliced sweet onion, options

Place onions in bottom of slow cooker (optional), then pork chops, Ranch seasoning and soup into a medium sized crock pot over high heat for 4 hours or low heat for 6 hours.

Serve over mashed potatoes, rice or just by themselves. Don't forget to ladle over that gravy!

 
Who would have ever thought just a few ingredients would make such a delicious meal!


No comments:

Post a Comment