Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Mom's Olive Dip

My mom's olive dip is beyond amazing. I am serious. I've even converted people who don't like olives to love this dip. Honest to goodness! I know that olive dip doesn't sound the most appealing (your probably thinking it's just a bunch of ground up olives, right?), but let me tell you, it's rich, creamy and loaded with olives. It's so good, I am willing to bet that you'd eat it straight from the bowl like I would. I didn't just admit that.

You only need five ingredients and a little bit of patience to make this dip - cream cheese, mayo, green olives and some of the olive juice, pecans and pepper. I didn't say this dip was good for you, but everything in moderation, right? I did say it was super duper ooberly delicious though! When making this dip, you must remember to use green olives. Not black. There is something about the tang of the green olives and the brine that give this dip it's something something. Just trust me on this one, okay? And also, no rushing to eating it once you mix it all up. I know it's tempting, but you need to let it sit at least over night for the nuts to soften up and so all those olive flavors can blend and mellow. 

Keep in mind that this dip easily doubles or triples for a crowd as well. A little goes a long way, but since it's so addicting, you might want to make more than you think is necessary. You can serve this super yummy dip on bread, on crackers, or even use it to make little tea sandwiches. The next time you are asked to bring something to a party or a potluck, bring this olive dip. Your guests will love you for it!


five ingredients!

mayo + cream cheese

look at all those olives!

don't forget the nuts and pepper

this dip only gets better as it sits

Mom's Olive Dip

12 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayo
4 tbsp liquid from olives (add more, if needed)
1 cup chopped pecans
2 cups chopped green olives
Fresh ground pepper, to taste

Combine all ingredients and let sit overnight in the fridge to let flavors combine. Enjoy!


Forget the crackers, I could eat this dip with a spoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment