Thursday, September 4, 2014

Slow Cooker Pesto Ranch Chicken

In sharing the homemade ranch seasoning mix with you all last night, I realized that I have yet to share one of my quickest, easiest and favorite slow cooker recipes with you - pesto ranch chicken! I could have sworn that I already shared this with you, but after pouring over all my posts, I just couldn't find it. I am already going crazy and the new school year has just started. That is scary. Nevertheless, this recipe is a must try and it could not be easier. Seriously. All you need is your favorite pesto (homemade or store bought), ranch seasoning mix, a bit of chicken broth and chicken thighs. Place all four ingredients in the crock pot and close the lid. No fancy mixing here - just dump everything in! You can cook these on high and have them ready in 3-4 hours, if you need a fast and quick meal or on low for 6-8 hours, if you have a bit more time. Whether you cook them fast or slow, it doesn't matter. They are amazing either way. There is something that happens when the pesto and ranch cook together. I can't explain it, but boy is it delish. I'll be the first to tell you that I was skeptical when I first saw this recipe, but I am now a believer that ranch seasoning + pesto = amazing.  Winner, winner, chicken dinner!


yummy chicken!


Slow Cooker Pesto Ranch Chicken (Picky Palate)

8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
6 ounce jar of pesto
1 package Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix (or three tablespoons homemade seasoning)
1/2 cup chicken broth

Turn crock pot to high setting. Place chicken thighs, pesto, ranch dressing and chicken broth into crock pot. Stir gently to combine all seasonings. Close with lid and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment